The global network Great Wine Capitals awarded Zuccardi Valle de Uco with the Gold Award for the best architecture and landscaping on a global level.
It could have been some French from Bordeaux or maybe from the California Napa Valley, but for the Great Wine Capitals (which brings together the eight international wine capitals), the most beautiful winery is Zuccardi Valle de Uco, 130 kilometers from the city of Mendoza .
The winery inaugurated in March was awarded the Gold Prize in Architecture, Parks and Gardens at the ceremony held in Portugal in order to promote the most outstanding destinations of wine production.
The keys to success
Its sustainable profile: because it is built, it does not need artificial light to glimpse.
Its metal dome reflecting the sun.
The materials that camouflage with the environment between stone of the Finca Stone Infinite, water and sand of the river Tunuyán.
The curvature of its walls imitates the mountain range.
The huge stone in the guard sector that was found when the winery began to be built and left as a symbol of the project.
The iron structure with capacity for 10,000 bottles that houses the best wines of each year.
The plants chosen for the front sector of the winery are native to Paraje Altamira; Chañares, acanthias caven or espinillo, acasia tremendaria, jarillas, olivillos, tomillos, lagaña flowers of dogs and native verbenas.
Camino del Vino Valle de Uco, Route 40
By the Wine Route in Mendoza
The Wineries of the Uco Valley
The Route 40 in its route mendocino allows to accede to the main wineries in the Way of the Wine the Valley of Uco. Routes of wineries to taste and taste the wines of Mendoza at the foot of the Andes.
• Located in the center-west of the province of Mendoza in the basin of the Tunuyán river.
• Considered the best wine country in the country.
• It has 15,000 ha. Of vineyards
• There are about 800 producers from large (farms 150 – 200 ha.) To relatives (2 ha.).
• 75% are red grapes (Cabernet Sauvignorn, Malbec, Merlot and Tempranillo), the rest are white grapes and mainly Chardonnay.
• It covers the Departments of Tupungato, Tunuyán and San Carlos.
• The Uco Valley has 8,250 ha. Of Malbec grape, that is to say 35% of the surface dedicated to vine in Mendoza. In San Carlos, 50% of its area is malbec.
Ruta 40, Tupungato, Tourist information
Tupungato, near Route 40, in the heart of the Uco Valley, at the foot of the mountain range. A place to tour wineries and taste wines, live the rugged nature of the Andes on hikes, horseback riding or rafting and access to the Tupungato Provincial Park.
Towards the West, the Cordillera Principal (with the Tupungato volcano) marks the border with Chile. Its eternal snows feed the river Tupungato and Tunuyán. Area protected by the Tupungato Provincial Park.
Then comes the Cordillera Frontal, formed by Cordón del Plata, an ancient block raised by Andean orogeny, with high peaks: Cerro del Plata (6,000 m), Nevado Excelsior (5,900 m), Cerro Sta. Clara (5,460 m). Its rivers and streams irrigate the pedemonte.
It follows a pedemontana zone, the hills with hills in Northwest – Southeast direction whose height falls from 2,400 to 1,200 m of height. At its feet extends the relatively flat area of the Plain that forms the Valley of Uco.
History of Tupungato
The region has been populated for 10,000 years. Their streams were used by the Huarpe ethnic group, agro-potter people for their crops under irrigation.
The southernmost point of the Inca empire in Argentina was located in this region and was partially dominated by the Incas between 1470 and 1535.
Founded the city of Mendoza (1561), the Valley of Uco was entrusted and in the area of Tupungato was established Juan de Contreras.
At the beginning of century XVII, the Bishop of Chile created the Cureto de Uco. Then came the Jesuits who established the estancia of Jesus Maria and Jose de Uco in La Arboleda, on land donated by the daughter of Contreras in 1616.
The Araucanized Pehuenches mallets devastated the area for 150 years. In 1770 Amigorena established the Fort of San Carlos to protect the region, leaving the current Tupungato under its jurisdiction.
With the pacification of the region, in 1786 the parish already had 412 inhabitants. Between 1815 and 1823 General San Martín passed through the region five times, the last being when he returned through the Paso del Portillo, through the Historic Manzano, staying a few hours in the Stay La Estacada of Dr. Francisco Correa de Saá.
In 1858, San Carlos and Tunuyán are divided in the present Departments of Tunuyán, San Carlos and Tupungato. Its head is located in Villa La Arboleda. The southern border was pacified with the Indian in the Desert Campaign of 1879, Tupungato grew with European immigration and in 1885 Tupungato became the head.